I have debated seeing an actual nutritionist for an eating plan, but since money does not grow on trees… I have put that one on back burner for now. I have found that if I follow these few simple rules I stay full and feel energized for all my training needs. Overall the theme is “high protein, low carb.”
- No “heavy” carbs after lunch. Typically I’ll have a slice of bread with my breakfast and occasionally there will be a side of brown rice or a sandwich at lunch. Otherwise I lay off the breads, pasta, rice, etc.
- Always try to incorporate a little healthy fat throughout the day. Typically I add in avocado, nuts or peanut butter.
- Drink a BCAA after heavy workouts (I use EVLution A-10).
- End a heavy workout day with a casein protein shake.
And as always allow myself a cheat meal every once in a while! I also found that it helps to fend of sweet cravings by having a piece of extra dark chocolate after dinner if I need to.
I will update with some tasty recipes throughout training, to start here is my delicious snow day protein breakfast from today:
Protein French Toast
– 1 slice p28 protein bread
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp. p28 signature blend
– 1 banana
– 1 scoop Cellucor peanut butter marshmallow protein
– 1 scoop cashew milk
– 1 tsp. honey
Whisk egg in a bowl, and coat the slice of bread with it. Fry in pan on medium heat about 2 minutes per side. Top with the signature blend and slices of banana. Mix all ingredients together for the icing and drizzle it on top. Done!